Bathiya: A lawmaker with a difference.
Any eligible voter can run as a candidate for election to the State House of Assembly.
Members are elected to represent the specific interests of their constituents but are also representatives of the their local government and must consider their needs as a whole.
Whatever their political outlook, and regardless of which side of the Assembly they sit on, members’ duties and obligations are considerable.
Across Nigeria political atmosphere there are unsung heroes and heroines whose selfless actions have saved lives.
Others have dedicated their lives for their electorates, they are becoming servants with shining examples to inspire and motivate the
The story of Hon. Bathiya Wesley Mava’ama the member representing Hong in the Adamawa state House of Assembly (ADHA) is inspiring.
As a workaholic, he has many achievements to his name in less than 100 days in office serving the people of Hong constituency.
His progressive ideas over the past few months has endeared him closer to his constituents who regards him as a savior that is sent by God to liberate the people of Hong.
The electorates on their part are now enjoying the dividends of democracy, thanks to the young lawmaker who has been serving humanity since before joining politics.
I’m sure they have not regretted voting him at the last election, because he has since implemented his campaign promises swiftly.
Their yearnings and aspirations are being confronted by these fearless lawmaker who is bent on providing social amenities to his constituents.
Hong Local Government Area which houses the two main religions, Christianity and Islam has been relatively peaceful but are now bonded than before because of his nonchalant attitude towards religious sentiments.
His commitment to run an all-inclusive representation to his constituents without fear or favour to a particular section has given him the name, The Unifier.
Just like Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, Hon. Bathiya is someone who matches words with action which is evident for all to see.
Hon. Bathiya Wesley Mava’ama has since embarked on human capital projects in his community with his personal resources even before assuming office as member representing Hong Constituency at the Adamawa State House of Assembly.
He is the only disable lawmaker in the country (I stand to be corrected) but that has not stopped him from executing his responsibilities because he has been working round the clock in the interest of his people.
• As an intelligent, capable and hardworking lawmaker, he was appointed Chairman House Standing Committee on Education
• Knowing how hardworking Hon. Bathiya is, he was appointed to serve as member of 3 House Standing Committees, Agriculture, Health and Inter parliamentary, special duties and IDP.
3. Hon. Bathiya is the first lawmaker to move a motion in the 7th assembly, the motion is for the house to constitute an investigation panel that will investigate last minute employments and transfer of service of the past administration.
Even though his Primary assignment as a state lawmaker is to implement laws, he has started providing dividends of democracy to his constituents.
The following are his achievements in less than 100 days in office:
• With the saying ‘Health is Wealth’ he initiated Universal Health for Hong which caters and solve the health problems of people in his constituency.
• Under 2 months in office, with a view of providing portable drinking water for his people, he refurbished and drilled boreholes in some communities like Dada Woloji, Pathalngnda, Kwatau and Shangui ward.
• With the view of providing housing accommodation for his constituents, he led the management of the Adamawa State Victim Support Fund (VSF) to access the damage done to the Housing estate and local government Secretariat by insurgents about 4 years ago.
• For his people to have access to their farms and for easy transportation, he renovated some rural roads like in Uding, Holma and Wuro Bokki
• During Ramadan, he gave out 5 generating set to 5 daily prayer mosques in Anguwan Hausawa and also gave foodstuff worth close to a million for (Eid-el fitr) sallah festivity.
• He visited Munga community which was ravaged by flood and provided food stuff and money to cushion the hardship caused by the disaster.
• He distributed foodstuff, rams and wrappers to the Hong Muslim Community for (Eid-el Kabir) sallah celebration.
Being a devoted Christian, he reached out twice to the Muslim community during sallah (Eid-el Fitr and Eid-el Kabir) celebration.
He is among the young lawmakers in the 7th Assembly who represents hope for the future generation.
He is on track and if he continues then he might as well be the first lawmaker to be reelected for a second term as a state lawmaker representing Hong Constituency.
I stand corrected on the facts and figures in these piece.